About baby massage
During our baby massage classes, a physio teaches parents how to safely perform massage on their infant.
Benefits of infant massage
- Reduces crying time
- Help improve weight gain in premature and full term infants
- Improves symptoms of colic, wind, reflux and constipation
- Improves sleep by reducing serotonin levels
- Stimulates digestion, respiration and circulation
- Reduces anxiety and increases alertness
- Strengthens their immune systems
- Enhances attachment and bonding for mum and dad
- Reduces stress hormone levels in baby and parent
- Improves mood by increasing dopamine levels
- Provides relief from discomfort
- Reduces sinus and chest congestion
- Can aid in recovery from postnatal depression by improving bonding and baby’s weight
Infant massage sessions
One to one
These classes are for one participant for 60 minutes. Includes 125mL bottle of massage oil. If your baby has physio health fund coverage you will be able to claim this consultation.
This session is for 4-6 participants for 60 minutes. Includes 125mL bottle of massage oil.
When is the best time to come?
If possible the best time of day to perform infant massage is right after the child wakes up. Ideally, we prefer not to perform infant massage immediately after feeding. Once children are 18 months-2 years old they tend to be too active to be interested in massage.
Please note Pip is currently the only physio who teaches infant massage.